Thursday, June 24, 2010

Laziness Does Not Endear Me

After reading a post yesterday from a stay at home artist I couldn't stop thinking about it.  It was frustrating.  She relished in the fact that she was always in her p.j's and so were her kids and that her kids coloring all over her house was just a bummer.  I think this made her more of an artist.
I know we are all different creatures.  But I am definitely different than that.  I do my best to be showered early in the morning or right after the gym.  I do my hair 99% of the time and my makeup 95% of the time.  I do have p.j days about 2% of time.  Usually because I am not in the mood to wear a denim glove called my jeans.  Some days are not jean days. 

Jocelyn is two.  She is really good kid.  I am not even bragging.  She is.  She was born good natured and easy.  But I stay on top of her as well.  I don't do well with chaos.  Especially if it is not nessecary.  I don't do well with unessecary colorings of things other than paper.  The play-doh stays in the kitchen on the table.  You know that sort of thing.

Now do not get me wrong.  My house is not spic and span.  I spend time everyday trying to pick up and clean my house.  I have always envied those people that have a place for everything and everything in its place.  But I don't know if that is really possible or fun.  But there can be order, decency and pride in a home even if its not perfect.

I know that the artist aforementioned is happy in her somewhat sounding chaos.  Which is good for her.  But it doesn't endear me to her.  But we also all have our priorities and mine are different.  I guess I better get to cleaning and then sew two dresses!  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment