Friday, July 9, 2010

You've Got Mail

I am not sure how you feel about this movie but I love it.  I watched it 3 times in the theater when it came out.  I just feel so warm and fuzzy watching it.  I love the dialog and the acting.  Do you remember when instant messenger what the biggest thing?  My husband and I swear that is what taught us to type so fast.  Well faster than our parents thats for sure.

I really could take every scene and tell you what I love about each one and how it kind of connects with my life.  But right now one of the main features in that movie really applies to me.  Kathrine Kelly (Meg Ryan) owns her own business, The Shop Around the Corner.  I don't think there is another movie that makes owning your own little store in New York look like so much fun and happiness.  Of course we know that at the end of the movie she ends up closing her store, but huge opportunities open up for her.

No I am not closing my shop!  Don't worry! Far from it!  I am just now enjoying the fruits of my business.  I can't beleive that it has been a year now and I am still sewing away.  I am a million miles away from where I was when I started and the really exciting part is that in a year I will be another million miles away from where I am now.  And the even more and exciting and nerve wrecking part is that it is all up to me where I want my business to go.

You see I read a few blogs.  Not many, just a couple.  ScoutieGirl, Tara Gentile and CraftMBA.  They are constant business help.  They are in the middle of building their own empire.  I should want to build and empire too right?  Well it turns out, I am really not sure how big I want to get.  Back in teh day when I would day dream about my successful business, I had one employee and we just loved working together.  I am still a million miles away from that, so maybe next year. =)  But my husband suprised me the other day with a comment such as,"IF your business takes off and you needed an employee I would like to work with you."  It wasn't those exact words, but basically he had been thinking that he too would like to quit his day job!  I couldn't belive it!  It was really exciting to me thinking about the possibility of working with my husband someday.  Time will tell.

But all in all owning my own business for the first year has been amazing.  I am so glad I jumped in head first and I can easily say that I am swimming.

What do you love about You've Got Mail?


Picture from Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment