Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why I Have/NEED a Handmade Business - Part IV

Ok this is the last and final part of why I have/NEED a handmade business.  I now realize that I should have named this series 4 REASONS...blah blah blah.  But I think you stay at home moms or stay at home mom dreamers will benefit from this.

A FACT:
IT IS A BIG ADJUSTMENT TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM.

It is hard.  It is a hard adjustment but it can be made.  It is a different hard than working out side the home.  Some challenges that I found was going from a routine to a complete lack of structure.  How can that be so hard? It is easy to all of the sudden feel worthless, useless and unproductive.  This leads to sluggishness and depression.  Oh and you aren't bringing home a check anymore...

Being home everyday is a challenge. You can only clean your house so much before you go batty. You must give yourself goals and make structure out of your freedom.  You can take the skills you have learned from the work field and make them your own standards for your business. 

I found out very quickly that I needed my business more than ever.  It is an outlet and a way to feel more constructive.  Especially when you start to see a profit from it.  It is such a blessing.

As women (I think most) want to be profuctive. Useful. Happy.

There are FOUR reasons why I NEED my biz.  I need my baby, I need income, I need good clothing, I need a constructive outlet.

I NEED my handmade business therefore I HAVE a handmade business.
(photo credit)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenelle!

    This is Jen from minimooh/GrowingUpwCharissa. Just letting you know I completely understand how you feel!

    BTW, your work is gorgeous. Keep up the good work! And thanks for sharing a piece of your creative life with us!

    ReplyDelete