Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why Am I Always Getting Back on the Wagon?

This beautiful picture credit can be found here.

Answer:
#1 I am young and foolish
#2 I am foolish and young
#3 Wisdom is after you learn from your mistakes and realize that you are indeed actually OFF THE WAGON!

Wow I haven't posted for a bit, I haven't sewed in months (small lie, I did sew a valance for my kitchen the other day), and wow have I loved the break!  Not really from posting, I love this outlet.  But a break from sewing.

It came when my serger, for lack of a better word,"failed".  Back to the repair shop it went and my business then stopped for 2 months.  Wow, not every one with a business can just walk away from it like I did.  My first concern is wondering how this is going to affect my business.  Will it start running again?  Will I have lost my little fan base?  But then the concern really isn't there anymore.

Apparently I really needed the break because, quite frankly, I wasn't having fun.  I was way off my business plan.  I constantly felt pressure and turns out I don't like pressure all the time.  Now that I have been off the work wagon for about 2 months now I am starting to coming around.  Tomorrow is my first day back to work.  I am actually nervous!  Maybe even more nervous than when I first opened shop almost 2 years ago.  

I have realized in my break that I will feel more successful and confident if I am having fun and loving what I am selling.  I don't want to be commercial.  I want to be me and do what I can and that is good enough.  I am going to approach the business in a different way.  I am going to WRITE down my business plan and make sure that I stay on track.  Tricia McKellar had a great tool for writing a business plan called The Wonder Thinking Business Plan-o-Rama.  

Thanks for sticking with me and I can't wait to get to work tomorrow.  Sign up for the email update to know when the shop is up and running!  Or connect with me on facebook!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful stuff! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I am about to brew the coffee to get me to work this morning! here we go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Monica! So are you! You have done an excellent job with your fan base and your happiness is contagious!

    ReplyDelete